Monday, March 14, 2011

Paging Dr. Ferber...

It's been crazy around here. (See my post from a few days ago:) None of us are really getting much quality sleep. Nearly 3 years ago I started the bad habit of bringing my baby daughter to bed with us because it was the only way any of us could get sleep and actually function the next day. We tried the Cry It Out method unsuccessfully over and over again. The fact was that I just couldn't stick to it. As soon as I would hear my little baby choke and throw up on her own tears and saliva I would crumble. So when I got pregnant with #2 I vowed things would be different. Well guess what? They aren't much different at all. We tried last night to let Drew cry it out at 8:00 pm, then at 10:00 pm, then at 3:00 am, and then again at 5:00 am. Now everyone in the house is exhausted. Sleeping schedules are a complete mess today. My daughter is living in Melt Down City. And I just cooked a nice meal for dinner. Where is my family?--asleep together on the sofa!!

Anyone have any advice? What worked for your family? I am dying to hear from someone...anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment